Date night: not just dinner and a movie anymore

Ellie Brown, Staff Reporter

6a00e551f49b39883301287623b905970c-500widelanygates.typepad.com
fort-1-550x825tipjunkie.com
Nice_partner_yoga_K_and_Terri_1024x685taanmaanyoga.com
Now that the weather is starting to feel like winter, students might think that a good date idea is to stay inside, drink some hot chocolate with their significant other and watch Netflix. While this is an awesome idea, there are plenty of other cute dates that are possible, even in the cold weather!
La Crosse has plenty of restaurants, bars and movie theaters that couples can go to on dates, but these might get boring or repetitive after a couple of visits. Instead of the unoriginal dinner and a movie, impress your date and do something unconventional! Whether it’s your first date or someone you’ve been with for a year, a fun, new date idea will always impress!
Sophomore Leah Martin described her ideal date as going a picnic at the park and then watching the sunset on the bluffs. Even though she would have to wear mittens at the picnic, this date idea is one for people that are more outdoorsy and want to explore some of the beauty that La Crosse has to offer. A climb up the bluffs is also a great way to stay in nature and take some pictures together, too.
Another cute date idea for those looking for something different is to build a blanket fort together. While it may seem like a scene out of your childhood, it allows you to work together and laugh, and who doesn’t find it more appealing to watch movies in a fort they made rather than just on a couch? Throw a few pillows inside, order Toppers and climb in for date night filled with laughs.
Andy Askow, a junior on campus, had more of an unconventional date idea that would be great for a couple that likes to stay active and work out.
“I’d like to work out at Iron Physique on Gillette Street and then go to the State Room afterwards,” said Askow.
Staying active is a great way to spend time together or get to know someone during the cold winter months. If weight lifting isn’t something that appeals to you or your partner, try taking a yoga class together or going for a run through the park.
This one is for couples that have been together for a while. Try recreating the first date together. Make sure to try to impress each other because you’ll want to feel those butterflies you had on your first date. Go to the same restaurant or place you went before and make the awkward small talk you once did. It’ll bring back all the memories of that night. Afterwards, you’ll want to talk about all the wonderful times you’ve had since then and how much you’ve changed. This date is a great way to reconnect and reminisce on your time together. So while staying inside for a date is nice, spice it up and try something new! There’s always something to do in this bustling college town so enjoy it as much as you can. Whoever is your date will appreciate the extra thought and who knows what’ll happen next!