Fall Break Idea Greeted With Mixed Opinions 

Retrieved from travelandleisure.com

Rachel Mergen , Staff Reporter

As most University of Wisconsin-La Crosse students know, maybe too well, a congregation of surveys can normally be found within the school email accounts, covering a variety of topics that affect the daily lives of students. Last school year, one of these pleasurable surveys explored the idea of a fall break, which would allow students to take a bit of a breather mid-first semester of each year.  

An idea that students would likely jump on excitedly, the flaw emerges of an additional week having to be added to the last half of the school year, keeping students on campus longer in May.  

Freshman Anna Langdon stated her opinion on whether a fall break is a good idea for students’ schedules: “I don’t think so. I think the Thanksgiving break is good enough. It’s sufficient for seeing family and everything.”  

“I would probably say no. I would probably rather have a longer summer break,” said Sophomore Kyle Wright, supporting Langdon’s thoughts. 

Another freshman named Samantha added to the conversation, “No, I’m okay with not having a fall break.” 

On the other side of the debate were sophomores Carly Eggert and Jack Kortes, as they both supported the idea of a fall break and staying a week later in May to support the time off.  

Eggert noted, “A fall break, maybe the week of Thanksgiving, would be super nice. Spring break is fine where it is. With the fall break, I guess I would be willing to stay an extra week in May.”  

“Yeah, I would like a fall and spring break. I mean, we obviously have the winter break, but there’s a long gap between that, so I think it would be nice. I would be willing to stay an extra week,” stated Kortes.  

No information was ever openly released to students about the results of the mysterious fall break survey, but by examining the opinions of these students, it can be suspected that the results may have been a close call.  

Even though the fall break survey was unable to make a change at this time, students 

can likely look forward to many more opportunities to share their thoughts in the future 

on the immense amount of topics that students, organizations and administration wish to look into.  

Only time will reveal what will come of the fall break proposition.