What to look for in the UW-L bookstore

Kasey Overgaard, Staff Reporter

The UW-La Crosse Bookstore has a vast variety of most everything the average college student needs. It offers everything from school necessities, to UW-L pride apparel and merchandise. What’s more, students receive discounts on a selection of books, digital and used.
Alongside the UW-L Textbook Rental, the University also offers used books in the campus bookstore.  Instead of purchasing full price books online or at another retailer, some of the required texts for classes can be purchased used and for less. UW-L also promotes Follett BryteWave, which is a resource that offers digital course materials online for up to 40 to 60 percent less than new books.  Look for BryteWave on the UW-L bookstore web page.
UW-L also partners with Apple Store for Education, the College Dell Store and Lenovo, where students can save on technology items such as laptops, accessories and more.
Angie Heller, junior at UW-L, said, “I had wanted a Mac for so long and was debating getting one all summer, and then I heard about the student discount and had to get it. It was the best purchase I ever made.”
New this year, students can also get Microsoft Office for free, a value of otherwise $125.99. Students can download this product at the Information Technology Services in the WINGS Technology Center. Microsoft Office includes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Other popular bookstore items as fall approaches are $15 crew neck sweatshirts, UW-L mugs and switchback jackets. Students and customers can also shop online to see more that the Bookstore has to offer that is not present in store on campus. Free shipping is available to the on campus store or $7.50 to another address.
“There’s always t-shirts that are [approximately] $7. They are usually value items that are cheaper,” said bookstore employee and junior Morgan Zimmerman. “There are occasional flash sales. It’s usually 25 percent off t-shirts or sweatshirts, but they are only one day and you don’t get much notice. Usually they send an email a couple of days before.”
Students can sign up for e-mails to receive deals and updates about the bookstore. Zimmerman also suggests liking the UW-L Bookstore on Facebook.
The Bookstore’s fall hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday.