Viewpoint: Stress is a mess, let’s talk about how to fix it

Retrieved from me.me

Tommy Friday, Guest Reporter

There are many different factors which can cause a college student stress, and this stress can make it easy to stumble into social pressures that lead to only temporary satisfaction. There are other activities which can clear a person’s mind and provide a lasting relief from stress.
Reading, fishing, and hiking are a few of the many activities which can clear a person’s mind from stress. For example, some individuals may use running as an activity to clear their mind because, while running, they are not focusing on their stress. Instead, they may focus on other details such as controlling their breathing or listening to their feet hit the ground with each step.
Focusing on these details gives them something else to think about rather than their stress. This is important because it helps with clearing ones mind, and it provides people with a sense of peace they cannot achieve while induced by the monster known as stress.
Having a clear mind is important because it allows people to look at stress from a different perspective. When people do not have a clear their mind, they may feel anxious which can make it hard to sort out what is causing them stress. After their activity, they would have a clear mind which makes prioritization easier. Prioritization helps point out what someone needs to focus on to be in control of their worries, and when there is a plan for conquering tasks causing stress, it’s easier to feel relaxed in the present.
Everyone has an activity which can clear their minds and provide them a lasting relief from stress. Find an activity that not only urges you to reconsider your stressor and its impact in your life, but promotes an overall learning experience of stress and the repercussions it has.