Summer and Fall registration information message from Provost

Betsy Morgan, Guest Contributor

Thank you for all you have done to help UWL make the transition to online. We know it was not what any of you planned on and we appreciate your patience, flexibility, and commitment to high quality education. As you plan for Summer and Fall 2020 registration, please be aware of the following:

GEN ED CHANGE: For all students (except those graduating in May), the total General Education requirement is now at 42 credits rather than 48 credits.

SUMMER:  As usual, most courses will be in an online format. Any face-to-face courses are not scheduled to start until Summer Session III (July 20) and they are pending public health recommendations closer to that date. Some on-line courses have some/all synchronous elements (times when the students and instructors are together online in real time) and are listed as being associated with dates/times during which students need to be available online. Summer session enrollment starts today.

INTERNATIONAL SUMMER STUDY ABROAD 2020: All education abroad opportunities through UWL have been cancelled.

What has been done to help students for Spring 2020?

•  The drop dates for classes and full withdrawal of all courses have been moved to the last day of classes and finals respectively. Appropriate W grades will be recorded.
  •  Registration holds associated with account balances have been lifted.
  • Registrar will add language regarding “COVID-19 Disruption” to Term data on the official transcript for every currently enrolled student once language consistent with other state/national schools is established.
  • Other policy and procedural changes are being considered by faculty governance in consultation with student governance.