It’s Time to Get Involved

Tommy Kolinski

Students find ways to get involved at Involvement Fest

Tommy Kolinski, General Assignment Reporter

Involvement Fest struck gold again on Wednesday, September 13. An event hosted by the Center for Organizations Vision of Engagement (COVE), students had the opportunity to meet 50 plus campus organizations that they can join.

This year, Involvement Fest had a slightly different look to it. In the past, organizations would line their tables up in the middle of Wittich Field where students could venture over and gather information. This year, however, the tables were lined up along the side walk paths where students could take a quick look as they were walking by or take a few moments to learn more about the organizations. Not only did this provide more space for more organizations, but it also made it more accessible and easier for students to break out of their shells.

Some of the organizations present included: The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH), RAQ Radio, Intercultural Organization Promoting Awareness (IOPA) and the Archaeology and Anthropology Club..

Involvement Fest is the main recruiting event for many organizations. UW-L Junior Greta Schliesman and member of  RAQ Radio, stated, “I like talking with people and working booths like this as well as getting people excited to join things and really be a part of the campus.”

It’s a lot of work, but it’s one of our favorite events because it’s so collegiate and it’s so exciting to have all of these groups here and I think Involvement Fest is absolutely one of the best events” explained COVE Program Advisor and UW-L Senior Carly Juzwik.

“It makes your time at college worthwhile besides your ordinary academics,” furthered Schliesman.

“It makes it more of a home,” stated UW-L Senior and NRHH member Takala Posner on Involvement Fest, “La Crosse is now your home since you’re living here, but once you get involved you find friends and it makes it more enjoyable to be here, not just the school you’re going to; it’s your community.”

If you couldn’t make to the Involvement Fest, don’t worry! You can still get involved with these organizations!” Juzwik stated, “You can either visit the My Organizations website or come stop by the COVE and one of us can help walk you through that process.” So, get out there and get involved because as Schliesman advises, “Do these cool things because you never know what can open up until you’ve done it.”