LASO hosts Fiesta on March 7

Michael Quintero Bungert, Guest Contributor

University of Wisconsin’s Latin American Student Organization (LASO) is hosting Fiesta, a celebration of Latin culture. The theme of the night is “I Am, I Belong,” a unique perspective into the stories of Latin American immigrants within La Crosse.

The event includes a dinner, presentation and dance featuring the live band Grupo Candela. Tickets are free for UWL students and $5 for the general public, which can be purchased at the front desk of the student union on the UWL campus or online at the UWL website.

Make sure to purchase your tickets soon. The maximum number of tickets sold 200 and it’s filling up quickly, so buy your tickets ASAP. We would love to party with you at FIESTA!!!

When: Saturday, Mar. 7, 2020

Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and dinner served at 6 p.m. and the dance begins at 8 p.m.

Where: Bluffs Room, Student Union, the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse at 1725 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601

This event is sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Student Services (OMSS) and LASO

Grupo Candela is a salsa band from Madison, WI. They play many genres including salsa, bachata, merengue and more. You can view them performing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=QsD0-7NImTE

LASO is about creating an environment for Latinx students, as well as non-Latinx students to feel safe, learn about the culture and current events from Latin America. LASO is a space where Latinx students can discover and learn about their identity.

We meet Thursdays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Centennial Hall room 3315, although we may be changing our room location soon. If someone is interested or wants to be involved in LASO, they should email at the LASO president, [email protected].