UWL to offer curbside textbook drop-off

Map of curbside drop-off options at UWL.

Photo provided.

Sam Stroozas, Executive Editor

The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse emailed all students pre-paid FedEx labels to send back their textbooks from the spring semester. Textbook Rental Services emailed students at 10:44 a.m. Wednesday, May 6 that for students in the La Crosse area, there will now be a curbside drop-off option.

Spring semester textbooks currently checked out through Textbook Rental Services may be returned in person Thursday, May 14, Friday, May 15, or Monday, May 18 between the hours of 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The drop-off site will be located outside, on the north side of the Student Union on Farwell Street. There will be three stations; two designated for drive up (preferred) and one designated for walk-up.

If you are driving, you will turn off La Crosse Street onto 15th Street, then turn left onto Farwell Street. To ensure safe and efficient traffic flow, you will not be allowed to turn onto 16th and 17th Streets from La Crosse Street or onto Farwell Street from East Ave.

Once at the designated drop-off station, hold textbooks with the barcodes facing upward for a staff member to see they belong to Textbook Rental Services. After the barcodes have been approved by a staff member, please place your textbooks face down on the cart and then exit accordingly.

If you are doing the drive-up option, you will need to exit your vehicle briefly to place textbooks on the cart.

Textbook Rental Services reminds students to practice social distancing and keep six feet between themselves, other students, and employees. If there is inclement weather, make sure to protect your textbooks from water damage by bringing them in single-use bags. Do not bring reusable bags because they can further spread contamination.

If you have any questions about the curbside drop-off option, email [email protected]