Ask 5: UWL students enjoy family weekend Oct. 12-14

Shayna Anderson, Staff Reporter

Many students at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse are excited to reunite with parents, siblings and even hometown friends this family weekend, occurring Oct. 12-14. Many events are taking place throughout the weekend. Five students offered their opinion on what they are excited about the most.

“Honestly, I would have to say just seeing my parents again is the thing that is exciting me the most. We are going to watch the free movie on Friday, which I’m also looking forward to,” Abbey Stank, a freshman at UWL, explained. She lives about three hours away from her hometown, so seeing her parents is something Stank hasn’t done much since she started college.

UWL student Megan Schwarz commented, “For me, it is being able to hike up the bluffs with my family. We are also going to watch the comedy magician, so that’ll be fun.” She added that one of her friends from her hometown is also coming up for the weekend to see her.

Student Sophia Bond made a comical response by adding, “I’m hoping my parents buy me some groceries while they are up here.” However, she also agreed that seeing her family and attending the football game will be a joyful experience. Bond is also considering attending the walk/run with the Chancellor on Saturday.

Student Anistyn Dreifuerst added to Bond’s comment, “Yeah, I am excited to go out to eat with my family. It will be really nice to get off campus and spend quality time with my family.”

Freshman Danielle Lindholm stated that she is “thrilled to go hiking and possibly even shopping” with her parents this weekend.

The buzz can already be felt around campus as students anticipate the arrival of their loved ones. Many students are excited to have a fun and busy weekend with those they have missed the most.