UWL Department of Theatre Arts presents Little Women: The Musical

Krista Shulka, Guest Contributor

The University of Wisconsin – La Crosse Department of Theatre Arts is proud to present the musical, Little Women, based on the book by Louisa May Alcott.  This timeless, captivating story is brought to life in this glorious musical filled with personal discovery, heartache, hope and everlasting love.

Little Women will show at 7:30 p.m. on February 28-29 & March 5-7 and Sunday matinees at 2:00 p.m. on March 1 & 8 in Toland Theatre, Center for the Arts, on the corner of 16th and Vine Streets.

Full of charm and gorgeous songs, the musical version of the novel retains the heart of the original story — beloved by countless readers.  Under the loving care of their mother, the March sisters – independent and outgoing Jo, warm-hearted and motherly Meg, shy Beth and the spoiled baby Amy– stand together through their adolescent growing pains. Set during the Civil War, the story of blossoming love and family closeness provides an appealing, sweet evening of theatre for youngsters and adults.

Tickets may be purchased online anytime at www.uwlax.edu/theatre-arts.  In person/phone ticket sales begin February 24 at 1:00 p.m.  Box office hours are 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and one hour before show times.  Tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for senior/non UWL students and $6 for UWL students; call (608) 785-6696.

IF YOU GO:

WHO:  UW-La Crosse Department of Theatre Arts

WHAT: Little Women based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott, Music by Jason Howland, Lyrics by Mindi Dickstein, Book by Allan Knee

WHERE: Toland Theatre, UW-La Crosse Center for the Arts located on 16th and Vine streets.

WHEN: February 28-29 & March 5-7 at 7:30 p.m. and March 1 & 8 at 2:00 p.m.

COST: $20 adults; $18 seniors citizens/non UWL students; $6 UWL students.  Tickets may be purchased online at www.uwlax.edu/theatre-arts.  In person/phone reservations begin February 24 by calling 608-785-6696.  Box office hours are Monday through Friday 1:00-4:30 p.m. and one hour prior to each performance.

CAST: Colm Alba, Erik Berg, Adam Bloom, Gabe Burdette, Alexis Cimoch, Lauren Dochnahl, Tess Douty, Violet Englebert, Shane Flaningam, Nina Fredrickson, Lauren Hanson, Nick Holland-Hayes, Mason Laney, Grant Latus, Ronny Mickle, Wyatt Molling, Delaney Scudella, Maddie Stoffel, Elizabeth White, Leah Williams

PRODUCTION TEAM:  Mary Leonard (Director), Hannah Steele (Stage Manager), Joe Anderson (Costume Designer), Megan Morey (Scenic Designer), Emily Ludewig (Sound Designer), Ben Golden (Lighting Designer), Lex Violette (Technical Director)