Explained: How to return your textbooks from Spring semester

Retrieved+from+uwlax.edu+

Retrieved from uwlax.edu

Sam Stroozas, Executive Editor

All University of Wisconsin-La Crosse students must return their Spring semester textbooks through FedEx due to COVID-19. At this time, there has not been any drop off locations announced, so even students in the La Crosse area have to abide by this rule.

The shipping date must be on or before the due date of May 18 to avoid paying any penalties. If the shipping date is after May 18, a $20 processing fee and $1o per item charge will apply.

Example of the email of what UWL students should send to Textbook Rental.

If the textbooks are shipped 10 calendar days after the due date (May 28) or if the course material is returned with damage, your student account will be charged for the replacement cost at 75 percent of the publisher’s list price for a new copy.

All textbooks must be mailed at the same time in a single package as there is only one pre-paid label per student. You must send an email from your UWL email account to [email protected] the day you ship your textbooks. In the subject line of the email, you have to type: last name, first name: course materials return.

Example of 14 digit bar code on textbooks.

In the body of the email, include your name, UWL student ID number, FedEx tracking number, and the 14 digit barcode number found in the upper right-hand corner on the back cover of all of your course materials.

On April 24, UWL students were sent an email with instructions as well as the list of textbooks they checked out. On April 25, UWL students received an email from FedEx with one shipping label that they can print themselves, or at a FedEx office location.

The Racquet Press asked Robin Tuxen, assistant to the vice chancellor administration and finance, what UWL students should do if they cannot afford boxes to ship back their materials. Tuxen said students can utilize any existing box from another shipment. If you have any questions, email: [email protected]