Ask 5: Students share their favorite UWL study locations

Shayna Anderson, General Assignment Reporter

Everyone has a unique idea of the perfect setting for studying, shown by the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse students all having their own favorite places to sit down and punch out some work.

Freshman Ryan Weege said, “The study rooms in Eagle are the best, because they are free of distractions and are a really good place to work.” Multiple study rooms are available throughout all of the dorms, and they can be used by one person or a group of people.

Similarly, student Madi Weinke described, “My favorite place to study is the common area outside of my dorm room in Eagle Hall. The space is quiet enough for me to focus, but it’s not completely silent.” The common areas consist of many couches and tables for students to sit and chat or work.

Kelsee Blaska, a freshman at UWL, stated, “I like it in my room. Being in my room keeps me comfortable and helps relieve some stress. I also like that I can hear some background noise from my roommates and other dorms.”

Student Kennedy Richards agreed with Blaska, “Yes, my room definitely is a comfortable place to study. It helps me feel like I’m at home because I just think of how I used to study in my old room.”

Uniquely, freshman Courtney Tebo explained, “I like the basement of the library. It is always very quiet and not a lot of people go down there, so it isn’t too crowded.”

Studying is a key part of a student’s success in college, so it is no surprise that students quickly find their favorite study havens on campus after starting at UWL.